Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fun in the 100 degree sun...

My parents came up from MI to visit their kids this week. I new the week would fly by but had no idea how truly fast it would go:( We kicked off their week in SC by introducing them to the HOT HOT SC sun. We went to this beautiful park in Westminster called the Chau Ram County Park. It was almost an hour away but well worth the drive! Also, it felt like it was a thousand degrees outside...but we all had a blast anyway! The reason we chose this park so far away was for the beautiful waterfalls and the cool river to swim in. Being that we are all from MI, we are all used to having a good lake or river to swim in within 15 minutes any direction you go in the good old Northern country. It's a little different here in the South, however, so we had to go searching for the comforts of 'home':)

Here is the only half way decent shot I got of Miracle. She doesn't stay in the same place for long!
This is my niece Meredith enjoying the little stream near where we ate our lunch.

Jack and JJ enjoyed the stream as well...It was SO SO hot and the water was so COOL!


JJ taking a rest with daddy in the gazebo.

A self portrait of me and my favorite husband:)
The kids loved the juice boxes.
The two youngest cousins in their matching swim trunks.
This is my mom and dad in front of the waterfall.

Me and the kids with my mom


My husband being a kid again and enjoying the waterfall up close and personal:)



Last but not least, my favorite shot of the day....my two favorite munchkins!


































1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was a great week. I do agree that it has flown by. I can not wait to see you tomorrow. Love ya. M