Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bad Day

The result of someone not paying attention...



Friday, January 21st ended up being quite a day. It went fine until we were on our way home from school/daycare. I was stopped on highway 135 waiting to take a left hand turn when we were rear ended by a car going 55mph. My car is in rough shape and had to be towed away. It could have been much worse but the damage underneath is pretty severe. The frame is definitely bent so it will be interesting to see what the insurance adjuster says. The boy who hit me was only 19, and I my heart went out to him as he expressed regret over not paying attention. I would not wish that on any mom's heart...and I can't ever imagine having to get that kind of call from my son once he starts driving. My worst nightmare is having my kids get in a car accident. This worst nightmare happened yesterday. They were both scared and holding the backs of their heads once I got out of the car and to them. I called 911 and my husband immediately and comforted them as much as possible. Thank God for the sweet ladies who stopped to comfort me and wait with me until the police arrived. Most of all, Thank God that my children are OK. I'm pretty sore. I have never been this sore from an accident so I'm sure my kids are hurting too. They both deny any pain which is good, but I will be contacting the chiropractor on Monday morning to get them checked out for any whip lash. Hopefully we can get a rental car!

On a brighter note, my husband had an interview this morning with a restoration company in Greenville. It would be a much closer commute and would be a MUCH better company for him to work for. He thinks the interview went really well so we are crossing our fingers and waiting to hear back about it sometime this week.

With both of these situations, we just have to wait for answers. Everyone who knows me knows that I don't wait well. This should be an interesting week for sure! Nothing beats my family being safe though...so I have no complaints!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey at least I get to move in with you till you get a rental and you get to use my wheels. I am excited aobut the party that we are about to start. Love ya. M