Thursday, July 9, 2009

God answers prayers...even mine!

We are home! We have actually been home for a few days now...but I needed some time to catch up before paying any attention to my seldom read blog:) We had a wonderful time with our families, but it was time to come home--or at least the kids thought so! I could have stayed another few weeks, but JJ wouldn't sleep and Miracle was getting super crabby from too much play time with cousins. Our trip to Michigan was a nightmare. JJ started to break out in some sort of rash. He would not eat or sleep. He never ran a fever so I was totally perplexed. I am assuming it was hand, foot, and mouth disease. I probably missed the slight fever earlier in the week. He had some sores on the top of his mouth and a red rash on his body. I wanted to run straight to the ER but held back knowing how expensive an out of town visit could be. I decided to wait a few days until a pediatrician was open. After a few days of EXTREMELY fussy baby...the rash disappeared. After dealing with this for the first part of our vacation, we almost had to return to SC early because of some trouble with our dogs. Thankfully that worked itself out. The weather was pretty chilly (completely out of season even for MI), but we managed to enjoy ourselves anyway. Miracle had a great 5th birday and has decided she wants to move to MI. After our 13 hour trip home on Monday, we stopped at Little Ceasars to get a cheap pizza for dinner. This is when Miracle asked me if we could go back to MI after we went home and ate pizza. It was too cute:)

Though our vacation was a blast, there were two things weighing on my mind the entire time. The rising gas prices and our upcoming car taxes. They were almost $500 dollars last year! Well I decided to just quite worrying about it and let God have the burden. When we got into SC gas had dropped 15 cents and is still dropping. To make things even better, my car taxes are less than half of what they were last year. PRAISE THE LORD! It is so nice to know that God is watching out for my little family!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that JJ's rash and fever went away without a trip to the ER!

It's been unseasonably HOT in Washington, you should have come here! ;]