Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My baby boy is growing up!

This is a super cute picture I took on my phone tonight. My husband would kill me for posting this...but I just couldn't resist. (btw: my hubby does have shorts on...just in case you could not see them:) Josh really likes to get on the computer and enjoy u-tube videos. Well, he decided to do this tonight while dinner was cooking. JJ was stripped down to his diaper because he wanted to take a bath. Let me rephrase that. He was BEGGING to take a bath. With it being stormy outside, his constant begging to play outside never won out so he decided a bath would be fun. He figured that if he stripped for me, I would give in. It was too cute! Anyway...Josh was on the computer, and JJ decided to climb up with his favorite horsey and enjoy computer time with daddy. Cute isn't it?

I am so very 'befuddled' these days. JJ is still my baby, and yet he is getting so grown up. Being around his sister all the time is not helping to keep him a baby! He can now climb out of his crib with the mattress all the way lowered and the bar all the way up. He is starting to sit on his little potty every now and then to get used to the idea of potty training. He is no longer in a high chair. He can drink with almost no spilling out of a big boy cup. He says "love you". Thankfully he still likes to cuddle with mommy now and then. The scary thing is that my cuddle times are getting shorter and shorter. I am so happy to see him growing up...but I want him to slow down a bit!

Tonight we were looking at pictures on the computer to distract JJ from wanting to go outside. He was laughing at every one and excitedly yelling out 'JOSH' every time he saw daddy in a photo. (JJ calls daddy Josh. We have been working on this for awhile now. He does call him daddy most of the time now...but still prefers Josh sometimes:) He loves that man to pieces!

As JJ gets older, his little attitude comes out more and more. It's so hard to discipline every 2 minutes. I have to keep reminding myself of something my co-worker Wendy shared with me when JJ was first born. I was telling her about how sweet he was and how I couldn't imagine ever having to yell at him. She agreed that it would be hard, but she told me to ask myself this: are you raising a little boy or a man? This helps a lot. I have to remember that all of the 'No's' will pay off. Raising this little boy is already overwhelming at times. However, its the best experience ever, and when he is all grown up and on his own...I want to be able to say I raised a nice young man:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new back ground! :)