Thursday, December 17, 2009

Is it really finally here?

We have made it to the day before Christmas break starts. I say this with apprehension because every day of this week has brought new surprises for us that seem to be deterring us from heading out tomorrow afternoon. First, JJ came down with a stomach bug on Saturday night. Then, of course, I got it on Monday night and my husband got it on Tuesday night. (Miracle has been lucky so far!) Then the money bug started to gnaw at my heart...and I got really overwhelmed on Wednesday:) We thought Thursday was going great until I got this not so great call at school. JJ was sick---again---with what looked like another tummy virus or a possible sinus infection. I have to say, I am very nervous about what tomorrow has to bring. I am thankful for today because it allowed me to get a lot of our packing done that would have had to wait until this evening, but I am worried about JJ. The pediatrician would not give us an appointment until tomorrow. She said to wait it out. Now, normally I do this. I wait until I am absolutely sure they are sick before making an appointment. I learned the hard way that the doctor most always says..."Its probably a virus...just wait it out!" So of course...I wait until I am sure its not just a virus. Today is different though. We are leaving tomorrow and need to make sure JJ wont be miserable to entire time we are gone. So of course, I called...and, of course, they say to wait it out anyway. "If it gets worse you can take him to an outpatient clinic in MI," they told me. Well, Ms. Doctor, I just want someone to tell me he doesn't need an antibiotic so that I don't have to pay to see an out of state doctor. I could go on and on....but to sum it all up we have an appointment for tomorrow morning. He seemed a lot better tonight so we are hoping for a miracle in the morning! So this is my hodge-podge post for now...sorry this is so jumbled....so are the thoughts in my head!!! More updates to come....after the Merry days are over:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

K so Friday did have MANY NOT good moments. I know that it was stressful and that we were not too thrilled to be going through that at the time, but looking back think of all the great memories we made. Josh snow boarding in the center of I 26, slipping and sliding and me pushing as we drove around looking for a hotel only an hour from home. I am thankful that we have made it to MI, I am also thankful for the provisions that God gave to us. The memories will be there forever. I love you and am thankful that you were there to go through it with me.