Tuesday, December 1, 2009

oh the weather outside is....too warm!!!

Hey everyone! Its gotten a little colder around here in SC but not cold enough. It's December...I want sweaters, hot chocolate, winter coats, mittens, and scarves. I have yet to come to terms with the fact that we are no longer in MI this time of year...Yes, I must admit it is kind of nice to have less frost, less shivering in our beds, less need for thermal underwear....but the fact remains...it doesn't feel like the Christmas season without the prospect of snow! For this very reason, I am anxiously awaiting our Christmas break. We will be traveling to MI where we will spend our holiday with friends and family...and SNOW!!! Don't get me wrong, I love my life here. It's just that when I was young we would wake up looking for snow. Most days we were outside with all of our winter wear on sledding or even ice skating on our little country dirt road. Yes, I'm from the sticks...but its so cozy there. I don't regret it for a minute! We had ton of snow days in December too. So you see, I have other reasons for missing the snow as well. It's so nice to wake up in the morning, turn on the news, and see that school is cancelled for the day. We made a lot of memories on those wonderful snow days! We usually get a few here in SC but not until January...and that is if we are lucky! I'd almost venture to say that those memories are what made me so close to my brothers and sisters. Snow forts, snow men, snow angels, warm treats...and lots of fun pretending. When school was out, it was PARTY time! I guess those are the memories that will get me through these next few weeks until we get to venture on home to MI. Until then...here are some pictures of the snow last year:) There was a TON!

This is the view outside my mom's back door...PERFECT!

Some lonely birds stick around for the good stuff.


All bundled up at Grammies. Ready to play in the snow!


He had to borrow a scarf that was way too big for him...He endured though. The snow was so enticing!


The kids went sledding on a huge snow pile.
Hope you all enjoy the taste of Michigan's wonderful snow. I am so excited and will be updating about the rest of our Christmas plans soon!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes the memories of the snow make the childhood memories more rich. I would agree that I do miss the excitment of getting up to find there is no school:) Especially now. I am looking forward to being home and making more memories with your kids and all the other siblings that will be up there. I am so happy that the Lord is allowing us to go. I love you and hope that you are ready to PARTY!