Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fall Updates for Melanie

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since my last blog update because I have been too busy enjoying life...or at least trying to! My husbands new job has taken some adjusting but is going well. God continues to provide our needs on a daily basis! Overall, compared to all that I see everyone around us going through...we have much to be thankful for! We are all in good health, we have a close knit family and lots of support, and we have everything that we need for now. God has been good to us! Of course, I am thinking of things I am thankful for as Thanksgiving Day gets closer and closer....
The two pictures below are of Miracle and JJ on their first Thanksgiving as part of the Splan clan in 2007. Can you believe how much they have grown? Miracle is with Nanna and JJ is with Papa. We are counting down the days until we get to spend another Thanksgiving with them!


We had a great Halloween. JJ was a skeleton this year and Miracle was a fairy. They loved knocking on doors. It was so cute...JJ would knock and if no one answered he would say: "Daddy, its not working." in a frustrated voice. Miracle was a bit shy with the adults, but JJ led the way each time with a "Trick or Treat!" It was a great night!



I know this is a silly picture, but I love it! My sister and I decided to dress up with the kids (we were trying to be young again), and I wore my trusty poodle skirt. I made Josh pose for a good fifties kiss with the foot kicked up and all...aren't I pathetic? Good memories though!




Last but not least, I want to wish this handsome man of mine a happy birthday! He is a wonderful husband! I am so glad to have spent another wonderful year with him and am looking forward to the years to come! I really could not have asked for a better best friend or help mate! I love you baby!
Happy Thankgiving to everyone! I love, love this time of year and have convinced my husband to let me put up the Christmas tree already! Holiday cheer can never start to early if you ask me;)






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My comments will go like this:
first thankful list.
1. I am thankful for you and that God made us sisters.
2. I am thankful for an awesome God that answers prayers
3. I am thankful that mom and dad are coming in 9 days
4. I live close to you all and can see you all at least once a week.
5. We are going home for Christmas in less than nine weeks
6. You are my older supporitive sister that I love
7. I have a new...
8. We serve and amazing God who supplies all our needs even before we know what they are
9. Our parents are still going strong
10. Grandpa's health
11. I have my car back and he seems to be fine.
that is the first 11 days of November for my thankfulness
I love you
I had fun doing all this stuff with you
I am excited about thanksgiving with you I love you