Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy Early Mothers Day to the BEST mother in the world!


This post is dedicated to my mom. There are always times in life when a person wishes for something other than what they have. I have wished for straight hair instead of curly. I have wished for longer legs instead of short. I have wished for a louder personality...where I am never afraid to be who I am. I have wished for better clothes, more money, more stuff, a bigger house, a job, a different car, a different yard for my children, and many, many other things. It always hard for a human to be content. One thing I can say I have NEVER wished for is another mother. I was, after all, given the best one of them all. It was not until I had children of my own that I realized the extent of my own mothers sacrifice for me. She went without things for herself for so many years in order to put me through a private school and a private college. My dad helped, of course, but it was her passion to make it all happen. She gave of herself so much more than I feel I give to my kids. I try. I really do. I just never feel like I could be a mother like my mother was to me. I know she went through hard times. She had a rough upbringing which caused her a lot of pain as an adult. I hardly ever knew this as a kid though. She just had an amazing way of carrying on. She showed me what a mother should be like. She showed me Christ through her actions. When I first started college 800+ miles away from home, she gave me her personal Bible to take with me. I have held that Bible near and dear to my heart. It reminds me of her. It's marked pages remind me of her true love for the Lord which has always been a marvelous example to me. I cannot ever imagine losing her. I hope I never have to.

I love you mom. Thank you for being all that you are to me! Happy Mothers Day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree she the most amazing, God fearing, Loving mother ever. I also have to say the you are a wonderful mother too. I know you do not see it, but I am at your house often enough to say that you DO sacrifice for your kids and they are very blessed by you. I love our mother and I love you. ~M