Friday, March 6, 2009

These are my two little blessings! When we were first married, I began working at The Meyer Center for Special Children. A few weeks into my new teaching job, I kept seeing this beautiful little girl in the classroom under mine. I often wondered about her and finally decided to get some more information from her teacher. "What is her diagnosis?" I finally asked one day. "Just delayed...want to adopt her?" I was completely thrown off guard and immediately started thinking. That day on my way home, I called my husband and told him that we HAD to adopt this little girl. He was slightly hesitant until he met her....she ran right up to him and gave him a big hug. Like any 'daddy', he was sold! We immediately contacted DSS and started the adoption process. About 6 months later, we decided to get pregnant thinking it would be good to have two children close together. We assumed we would get Miracle placed with us months before the baby was born so we never worried. Little did we know, God had better plans for us! We ended up needing to buy a house and the adoption process lagged on and on. We moved into our new house in May, JJ was born on October 15th, and Miracle came to live with us on November 2nd. Looking back, I dont know how we did it. God worked everything out though, and a year later we are SO happy! Miracle adjusted right way, and her and JJ are now best buds. She is happy to introduce everyone to her brother, JJ! We could not have asked for two better kids. Who would have thought I would move from Michigan to South Carolina, start a new job, get married, meet and adopt my daughter, and have my son all within a year? Its been a crazy road, but I wouldnt take any of it back:) We have an amazing God whose plans go above and beyond that which we can comprehend!



0 comments: