Thursday, March 26, 2009

Making a Will

Ok, so I got online today and decided to look up wills. I know this is kind of random, but I have my reasons. One of the students at my school lost his dad yesterday very unexpectedly (another blog altogether!). Unfortunately, this dad was young and did not have a will in place which means his son is now a ward of the state (mom is not an option). This really scared me. I didnt have anything but a verbal agreement in place if I were to pass suddenly. Obviously, my husband would be first in line but if the unthinkable happened......well....I just knew I needed to make a will of some sort. Some girls at school told me that I could just write my own will and have two witnesses, making it legally binding. I was not sure so I decided to check it out online. I found a place called "written legacy". They ask you a bunch of questions and then write your will according to your state laws for a very affordable fee. I was a little apprehensive, but I decided to try it. I filled out all of the information and am expecting my will to arrive within the next couple of days. This all made me very happy....my children are now provided for upon my passing. Kinda morbid, right?

Just go here to do your will: http://www.legacywriter.com/ :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad. I never want you to have to use it. I hope that you feel beeter. I am still praying for that sweet little boy. I am thankful that you found a spot to do it for a reasonable price.

The Splan Clan said...

Me too...and Me too! love you miss perfectly confused....

Unknown said...

hi holly... :]] thanks for your comment on my blog, it made me laugh. i'm not sure that just the act of having kids in japan will make them bilingual, but i guess it's worth a shot, right? haha

i love seeing pictures of your family! you guys are so cute, and you're such a good mommy...