Sunday, August 9, 2009

The end has arrived:(

For all of you who are wondering, we had a wonderful break. I have to admit that I was not the perfect mom. I had to take some time for myself catching up on my favorite Lifetime movies, cleaning, arranging, etc. However, I also spent a lot of good time interacting with my angels. We just had fun doing nothing. We didn't go on vacation. We didn't go out everyday. We didn't get to go on any huge adventures. We just spent time home and together. In JJ and Miracle's little minds...What could be better? I think we all enjoyed it too much and will have a hard time going back to our everyday routine tomorrow. I don't have time to post any of our fun pics from the week today...but stay tuned for some fun pictures to come:) For now, I just need to relax and mentally prepare for tomorrow. My kids love their daycare....however, being the worrier that I am, I am apprehensive about dropping them off tomorrow. I know they don't care that I am a working mom. They enjoy their little friends and enjoy their time at Mrs. Dana's house. However, I have my own self-imposed guilt at being a working mom. After all, it is not the ideal according to how I was raised. Hopefully when my children are grown, they will see that I have spent their entire young life trying to give them a good life. That is why I have to work. I hope they will see this and understand how much I loved them even though I had to drop them off everyday so that I could work. I want them to know that if I ever doubted that they were being well taken care of...I would quit my job in an instant. In my heart, I know they know that I love them more than anything. I know that they are in good hands while I am away, and I know that God is watching out for them too. Hopefully the time we've had together will stick in their minds and "keep them company" when they miss mommy. Because I will miss them...I will think about them all day everyday as I always do. I will do my job and complete my responsibilities and rush home to pick them up like I do everyday. That is all I can say for now...more pics and reports of our exciting first days back are to come:) For all who are reading this....keep my little Miracle and JJ in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow as they get back into their routines:)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

awww holly, of course your kids know you love them! don't beat yourself up-- my mom left me home alone all the time and i turned out just fine!!! hahaha okay so maybe that's not the best encouragement. :]]

but anyway, i was hoping to come back east soon and spend a few weeks visiting friends, and i was hoping to visit melanie and i would so love to see you too! i miss SC and GA. it might be around thanksgiving or christmastime if matt is deployed then (which is most likely) so make sure you guys don't travel or anything! hahaha.