Saturday, March 6, 2010

Its not by 'luck' but by God's mercy

We are learning to never take good health for granted at our house. JJ came down with another stomach bug less than 3 weeks after getting over the worst one ever. Poor kid! I guess I find that we take for granted the good health God sends our way on most days. I woke up feeling pretty yucky myself this morning. Runny nose, sore throat, and the wonderful sick feeling in my head is not making this the best Saturday ever. I am thankful that JJ is feeling better though, and that no one else is showing symptoms of a stomach bug. I know it could still hit us, but I am remaining hopeful. One lesson I am learning though is that I should stop counting on our luck to keep us healthy. I used a coffee cup this morning that really got through to me. It has a verse on it from James that says, 'The prayer of a righteous man is fervent and effective." I immediately began kicking myself. God is in control. He would be even more in control if I just let Him be. I tend to try and deal with everything on my own. I worry, fret and make myself sick over the anxiety. Sickness can do that to me. Who will get it next? How many days off work will this cost me? How will I clean up yet another throw up? (It is my LEAST favorite activity as a mom). I am going to give this one to God and let Him decide the answers to all those questions. He will surely give me the strength to deal with it all if I just let Him.

Lord...take me away until only You remain.

0 comments: