Tuesday, April 20, 2010

new outlooks...

OK. I usually find myself updating this blog when times are toughest. It seems there is always something to complain about. Well, of course, there is always something to complain about. Life is just that way. The bumps and curves are not fun but what would life be without them? And besides that, I need to start focusing on how good we have it and not on how bad life can seem on some days. I had a not so fun day today. I actually was wishing I could skip this day last night...and yet, here I am today at the end of my horrible day wondering why I ever worried at all. Everything worked out just fine. Yes, I had a huge evaluation at school and a not so pleasant annual doctors appointment, but it all worked out just fine. The Dr. only had to ask me a few questions about how the kids are doing to make me realize how much we have been through since seeing her last. Those few questions also made me really thankful for all the progress we have made in those moments. This life is flying by, and I am worrying it away on days that really shouldn't be worried about at all! God is good to us. He always makes sure the bills are paid when mommy's best budgets cant fit them all in. He makes bad days go better or He gives us the strength to deal with them. He is God after all. I just wish I could remember to trust Him as such.

I keep up with a lot of blogs--a lot of others' stories and lives written down for memories sake. I read their hopes and dreams and follow their heartaches. It's fun and entertaining to keep up with these families through their blogs. A lot of times it is their heartaches that make me realize how good I have it, or their words that encourage me to improve certain areas of my own life. I hope if you read this blog it can do the same for you.

Who knows where my family will be in 3 or 4 years. I can't see that far ahead, and I really don't want to. I want to enjoy every moment that we have here and now. I want to keep blogging and reading blogs and figuring out how to truly 'live' this life as I should!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so true. We really rush away life worrying over the little things. I know that we can do better when we depend on God, but we are human and tend to take it back. Well have to go but I love you.