Sunday, May 31, 2009

Trusting through the hard times

This morning at church our pastor preached on being faithful through the hard times. He pointed out that its always easy to trust God when things are going well. However, its rare that we turn to God when times get tough. We take out or frustrations on our family and fail to turn to Him. He preached that though this may be a good time, trials will surely come that will test our faith. Throughout this message, I was thinking about how a few weeks ago my husband said we needed two new tires on our car. I had no idea where the money would come from so I prayed. God provided us with just enough extra money to get two new tires, an oil change, and an air filter. PRAISE GOD! I figured this was a pretty good 'trust' story. I was feeling pretty good about myself. We had a good Sunday morning....but I have to admit, when this message was preached, I was anxiously hoping for no more trials before we go home in July. I really want to be able to go and our finances are tight....if anything else happens that requires large amounts of money...our trip may have to be cancelled. Well, God decided today was the day I needed to start trusting again. When we got home from church our air conditioning was struggling to keep up...and still is. This may or may not require large amounts of money. Second, the kids took a bath and ended up pulling a huge chunk of tile off of the side of the tub/shower. This will definately take some money to fix....so it looks like we are all stuck taking baths for awhile so that we dont ruin the drywall while waiting for the money to come in. While I sit here and write this, my air is continuously running....and I am anxiously waiting for it to shut off. This would possibly mean that the AC is not broken....but just needed a new filter which my husband bought a couple of hours ago. However, after church this morning, it is quite fresh in my mind that my plans are not His. He may decide that our AC needs to break in order for my family to grow stronger in Him. There was an awesome song sung at church this morning called "The Potter knows the Clay". I will cling to these lyrics for the next couple of weeks knowing that through trials my faith is made stronger.

The Potter Knows the Clay
I know you are going through the fire
Its getting hard to stand the heat
But even harder is the wondering
Is God’s hand still on me
Its lonely in the flames
When you’re counting days of pain
Chorus
But the Potter knows the clay
How much pressure it can take
How many times around the wheel
‘Til there’s submission to His will
he’s planned a beautiful design but
it’ll take some fire and time its gonna
be okay‘cause the Potter knows the clay
Friend I just came through that fire
Not too very long ago
And looking back I can see why
And that my God was in control
But on the hottest days I'd cry
Oh Lord, isn't it about time

0 comments: