Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Intrusion

I have this week off and am totally and completely enjoying it. I started the spring cleaning yesterday. Just to let you know how well that went....I started with our bedroom. I cleaned out closets, organized, and vacuumed. Once this was done, I had a grad plan to start with our bathroom and work my way to the front of the house which is the living room. Having decided this, I collected the broom and dustpan, the Windex for the mirrors, started the mop water, grabbed a sponge and headed to the bathroom. At this point, I began cleaning in earnest. I scrubbed the sink, I washed the toothpaste splatters off the mirror, I washed the base boards, I swept, and then, feeling quite proud of my quick progress, I went for the mop. Upon returning to the bathroom, I started to mop shortly before realizing that a giant spider had made himself comfortable on the floor right in front of my toilet. If you know me you know that I am SCARED TO DEATH of any and all spiders. However, being the only adult at home and knowing that JJ was sleeping, I held in my frantic screams. As soon as I moved, the spider ran under our shelf that's across from the toilet. I frantically ran to the kitchen and got some spider killer spray. I entered the bathroom, very apprehensively, and sprayed all around my white shelf knowing that at any moment the spider could come scrambling out. I did this quickly and then stepped back to wait....and wait....nothing come out. I was determined to find that spider and kill it. After all, I am one of those people who likes to think my house is spider free, and I had no intention of changing that. I got brave and moved the shelf a bit...still nothing. Finally, I sprayed all around the shelf and shut the bathroom door. I put a towel under the door and decided that my bathroom was off limits until the husband got home to find the intruder. Guess how much cleaning got done after this? None. I sat on the couch and wondered about that spider. Pathetic huh? Well, Mr. Spider is now resting in peace thanks to my wonderful husband. Thank goodness:)

0 comments: