Friday, April 22, 2011

The end is too near...

Well, spring break is coming to an end already. It definitely flew by! Every year, as spring break approaches, I look forward to a week off and at the same time dread having no extra money to spend. I basically had the same outlook going into it this year. God is just trying to teach me that money is not everything. It can't be everything because there is never enough! I just wish my head would stop trying to tell my heart that 'it needs more money!" My heart is ok with our current situation....it is my head that is not ok with it. In my heart, I know what is really important. My head just spends way too much time seeing what everyone else has...and what I don't have. Well, head---GIVE IT UP!

Aside from this particular personal battle, we have had a blast together as a family over this spring break. Sleeping in every morning, having a leisurely bowl of cereal in front of cartoons, and just relaxing our days away! I'm also competing in a personal race within myself. So far, I am winning. Praise God for the small stuff!

0 comments: